Thursday, June 12, 2008

Last day of school

My kids have been out of public school for 10 and 12 years, but the last day of school is still fun to witness around here. The older elementary and middle school kids enjoy spraying and spreading shaving cream all over one another, and I do mean all over!

I know some parents get upset by this, but my opinion is that it is done in fun, it washes off, and is so much safer than many other things they could be doing to celebrate the last day of the school year. How much shaving cream you wear home seems to be a badge of honor, perhaps evidence of your popularity. Sculpting the foam into mohawk or beehive hairdos requires an artist's touch.
Doesn't that look like more fun than whatever you are doing at the moment?

1 comment:

andrea said...

What fun!! I think I'm going to do that just for the hell of it...my kids would get a kick out of that!
Your blog looks great - looking forward to reading every day :)