Friday, July 4, 2008

Old and new friends

I am so happy to say hello to old ageless friends because of blogs!

Not long ago, I would have never guessed I would be blogging. Reading my friend Andrea's blog led me to search for a few friends that I hadn't heard from in ages. One is MizSmoochieLips who was a very active blogger and swapper until she mysteriously disappeared. I got brave (just plain curious) one weekend and played around with setting up my own blog. The first version was pathetic. A fly died on my monitor, it was so dull!

It felt a little vain to try this again, but I realized that vain or not, showing my friends what I am working on and sharing a laugh or two is what I do all the time in my daily life, so why not here too? Besides, here you have the luxury of not opening the blog. In real life, I can see you crouching behind the chair, pretending you aren't home when I show up at your door!

As the saying goes, new friends are silver, and I am happy to make new ones in the blogging world. For my old ageless friends who are gold, I am very happy to
see you again! Silver and gold are precious commodities, both in metals and in friends.

3 comments:

Nettie said...

I never thought i'd be making a blog either...it took me a few goes before I decided what I liked on mine...my eldest daughter is very impressed that I'm so computer savvy...lol

The Urban Chic said...

Knit, I have met some wonderful new friends after learning about blogging from smooch, but she has disappeared from her blog. Mar keeps in touch with her.
Don't listen to Nettie, she is good at this and now runs ABC. Hugs and glad to be in touch again. Pat

Nettie said...

Psst...PatUK & I are actually the co-pilots...we BOTH run the show...or try to the best we can.
Nettie