Friday, October 10, 2008

Scaring the calories right off



Calories don't count if your dessert plate scares you!

I went to Cracker Barrel to buy ONE card. I bought three cards, these plates and a Christmasy coffee mug.
Remember when coffee mugs weren't expensive? No? Am I THAT old? (Don't you dare answer that out loud!) I don't really need mugs, but noticed some last week that were over $13 for one. Wow. The one I bought today was so pretty, I thought I'd have sticker shock when I looked at the price. Imagine my surprise when I saw that it was $2.99! Same price on the dessert plates. I will feel soooo much better eating dessert or a sandwich on these plates for the rest of this month, especially knowing the calories won't count!

2 comments:

Nettie said...

I'm sure you're right about the calories not counting eating off a scary plate...they're so cute...BOO!!!
$13 for one mug...gosh, they chip just as easy no matter what they cost or is that what happens to me when I wash dishes?

The Urban Chic said...

Knit, love the plates---where's the mug? I love Christmasy mugs and can't help myself. I'm like a kid in a candy shop when Christmas comes around. Love and Hugs, Pat