Monday, February 9, 2009

Dude! I have cakes!

Do I smell cake?
Photobucket

Wow! It really IS a skateboard cake!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Need to make a skateboard cake for someone in your life? Bake a 13 x 9 cake and a 9" round layer. Cut the round layer in half and add one section to each end of the 13 x 9 cake. Decorate as desired. It would be just as cute without using the star tip, but I think more than one color is a good idea. Skateboards tend to be colorful. The wheel assemblies are each made of two chocolate covered Donettes (small donuts) and a Pepperidge Farm Pirouette cookie. I added a frosting star as each hubcap (can you tell I don't know what a skateboarder would call them?)


The reason for two cakes is to accommodate all the guests and offer two different flavors. Besides, it makes a good excuse to bake.

My reputation is in tact among the 7 years and younger set. The opinions of friends and relatives of advanced years should not be heeded unless they are the approved opinion list. It is a very short list.

1 comment:

andrea said...

the cakes look great!
i am totally jealous of you being in Florida...but i hope that you are enjoying yourself :)