Friday, November 20, 2009

Thankful for cattle prods (figuratively speaking)

When you feel like a cow, lazily grazing in the afternoon sun, and you know that your backside is a bit broad (heck, it is very broad), sometimes a cattle prod is required to get you moving in the right direction.
My friend Theresa provided the cattle prod. Thankfully, it didn't hurt. She did this via the telephone. She called a few days ago with a suggestion and today we acted upon it. We joined Planet Fitness. We will go on Monday to a class to determine which routine and machines we should start with, and how to properly do things.
The session will run from 10 AM until 11 AM. I guess this means we could go to lunch afterward! Even a heifer mooooving towards fitness needs to eat. To think otherwise is udderly ridiculous. I guess I should stop with the puns before I am accused of milking them for all they are worth.
Gosh, even the cows are blowing raspberries at this! I can take a hint! I'm done for the day. Photobucket

4 comments:

KTW said...

You are hilarious! :)
Best of luck with your quest for fitness. I wish I had a cattle prod. :(

Sewconsult said...

Great post. Cattle prod, fork lift, WD-40! I am the TIN WOMAN lately. All the prodding will only add to my frustration. I am just pleased as punch when I get to the top of the stairs. If I stay on this computer much more, I'll need a pry-bar!

Have a great day.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Anonymous said...

That was wonderful. :) Jenn

♥Mimi♥ said...

Isn't it a blessing when someone we love gets a message to us in the sweetest way☺