Friday, December 4, 2009

Saving money on Penney's online orders

In today's earlier entry about new bedding, I commented on prices varying between print catalogs and what you find online. I thought I would clarify in case this helps someone save a few dollars along the way.

A print catalog is where I found the toile quilt and accessories. The quilt and pillow shams were the same price whether you searched for them online or used the catalog order number. The curtains, however, were $15 cheaper per pair using he catalog number and the valances were $8 less expensive. I decided not to use them so they aren't photographed, but I had purchased 3 with the intention of cutting one in half and using 1.5 width per window.

Using the catalog numbers saved me $54 over the online price.

Free shipping was available on my order and that info was displayed online. Had it not, I would have checked Retail Me Not to see what discounts are available at Penney's. When more than one discount is available, it is worth your time to check the straight discount against free shipping to see which is the better offer.

Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

That is very interesting!!! I wonder why the price difference? Something to think about when ordering...