Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm a Grandma!!!

Colton William is here!

He arrived at 9:00 PM on March 6th, weighing in at 7 pounds, 1 ounce and 21.5 inches long. Mommy and baby are doing well. Daddy is...well Daddy is over the moon! Colton was born on the eve of Daddy's 32nd birthday. I don't think any birthday present will ever top this one!
 
Doesn't Daddy's expression say it all?

 
Mommy is tired, but remains pretty.

 
Grandma and Grandpa can't stop smiling.

Uncle Billy doesn't think anyone has ever been an uncle before.

We are all blissfully goofy.  The new family should be coming home Monday morning. I have no prediction on when anyone will stop grinning, but I think we will all have sore face muscles before that happens!
Photobucket  Photobucket  Photobucket  Photobucket  Photobucket

10 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

CONGRATULATIONS
CONGRATULATIONS
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I can tell you from experience there is nothing like a grandchild (especially a little boy).

Your daughter is beautiful,your son-in-law looks happy, and you and your husband look so peaceful!

He's finally here after nine months.

Welcome to the world Colton! Many blessings to you!

Love,
Sandie

Sewconsult said...

BIG Congratulations! Life will never be the same.
Happy Birthday, Colton.

Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

OH BIG TIME CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!! HE IS JUST BEAUTIFUL!
I think I need to be a grandma, it looks fun! Cindy

Blondie's Journal said...

Congratulations, Knitty!! He is SO precious!! Even I am grinning!! :-)

xoxo
Jane

KTW said...

Grandma Knitty....has a very nice ring to it! :) Congrats to the whole happy family!

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Now this is amazing, and I'm not a grandbaby type of gal (seeing as I don't have any yet), but gosh, look at Colton, he is actually looking right at his mom in that one picture, and in the other, he is LOOKING at the camera!!!

Knitty said...

Many people have noticed that he seems to be looking at the camera. Do you think he is ready for me? Hehehe!

I was in labor with Chuck longer than Kim was with Colton but I didn't tell her any of that ahead of time. No use in scaring the poor girl!

Hopefully the new family is on their way home from the hospital as I type. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! I can tell you know that from here on in none of you will stop smiling. What joy! I'm so happy for all of you ♥ Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy ♥

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Yay! Congratulations Grandma and Grandpa). Nothing like that first grandchild. Beautiful family.

Nettie said...

Congratulations...how exciting for you all...a new bubba to spoil.

I've got exciting news too...not bubba news but my youngest daughter is getting married this coming October 23rd.

Love Nettie