Friday, October 15, 2010

Good news, bad news

The good news is that my problems don't seem to be Blogger related after all. The bad news is that my $%#@*& computer is infected AGAIN. I am fortunate to have the laptop as a backup, but this is inconvenient for many reasons.

Having gotten that out of the way, I would like to get back to my intentions of early this week, that being writing about the wedding and festivities leading up to it. I have limited online time today and the next few days as the newlyweds are on a 4 day honeymoon and I am on grandma duty full time. Besides posting withdrawals, I have reading withdrawals and will be catching up as best I can between playtime, feeding and of course, diaper changes!

Back on topic, the Girls Night Out aka Bachelorette Party was hosted a week before the wedding by a bridesmaid who lives down the street from me. My sister-in-law, Kim's mom and I did not join in the stretch limo that visited various watering holes after the two hour house party. We're old. It was a Friday night. We're tired on Fridays! Photobucket

Here we have the Princess Bride with a hunky gift bag.
Photobucket

We had an abundance of appetizers, a few sweets and pizza along with the hostess' featured cocktail of the evening, a peach bellini martini. Oh my! It was good. Sooooo good. I'm not surprised because this woman is quite the mix-master, but I usually don't care for fruity drinks.  Lots of girl talk and laughter accompanied all of this.

Here I am with the bride's mom
Photobucket

And here, with my sister-in-law. We don't look a thing alike, but I am sure we were supposed to be sisters (neither of us has one) and fate led us to marry brothers so that we could be together. We didn't plan to wear the same color that evening, but that seems to happen often. 
Photobucket

My younger son Billy is a good friend of the hostess. He dropped by with some items that she needed. Someone teased that he was a hired stripper. I announced that I'd be going home pronto. After more laughter, I tried to embarrass him by dancing around him. After all these years, he doesn't embarrass any more. Darn. That used to be so much fun!  Photobucket
Photobucket

The funniest part of the evening for me had to be the Jello Shot lesson for Kim's mom and my sister-in-law. Neither of them had ever had a Jello Shot before. I don't really care for them, again its the fruity thing, but we all did one anyway. Did I mention we're old? We used a plastic knife to loosen the Jello from the sides of the cup. The young women laughed at us, but we got the job done.
Photobucket 

I can't tell you how nice it is to not only gain a daughter through this marriage, but to have her family and mine joined in so many important ways, and nights like this that were just pure fun. 

My next post will be photos from the rehearsal night. I'm off to visit blogs now without fear of being kicked off or worse, having redirects to really nasty websites.

Do you think it is possible to take out a life insurance policy on a computer, then shoot it and collect the money to buy a new one and start over fresh? If I put the smoking gun in the trash with dirty diapers, they'd never find the evidence!

No comments: