Friday, April 15, 2011

Calorie free chocolate Easter bunny

Since Colton is only one, he doesn't need a candy chocolate bunny from Grandpa and me. Whether he gets one, or part of one, is up to Mommy and Daddy.

Notice I said candy chocolate bunny? I wasn't being redundant. He IS getting a chocolate bunny from me, but it is made of chocolate brown fabric.

The fabric is Minkee, an oh-so-soft embossed knit with a nap. Hey, sounds like me almost...a knitter who naps! But I digress which is much less offensive than being redundant.

This bunny is only 8 inches from feet to head before ears. Turning the arms and stuffing the small body made of this fabric can be a bit challenging. I know this from bears that I've made and they had larger appendages. If I were to make this for an adult or an older child, I would make it in a shape that looks more like a traditional edible chocolate bunny.

Colton won't care though. He will either chew on it or ignore it completely, but that is ok because as you know....a grandchild can do anything he wants according to his grandparents.  Photobucket

3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

This is very sweet and looks so soft, Knitty! I think Colton is going to latch on to it!

XO,
Jane

Chatty Crone said...

THAT IS SO PRECIOUS - HE WILL LOVE IT.

Unknown said...

Of course he will love it!! It's absolutely adorable!