Wednesday, April 20, 2011

An Easter card

Bill would probably call this the $200 Easter card, but he isn't here to call it anything. And it's my blog, so there! Photobucket

Over the years I've acquired a lot of scrapbooking/cardmaking tools and supplies. It never fails that if I go into a scrapbooking store I find something that I really, really need. Fortunately he understands this. He isn't a gadget person, but as a mechanic by training, he understands the value of a well made and helpful tool. The only difference is that his tools have been used to make money over the years while mine have...er.....nevermind....this is getting too lengthy. Photobucket

On a recent trip to Archiver's,  I bought honeycomb paper and stamps from Inky Antics.

After cutting cardstock and scoring it on my Martha Stewart scoring device so that there was a bit of spine to accommodate the bulk of the honeycomb carrot, I tested placement of the stamped rabbit image and carrot, and added them.

The carrot top was to have been stamped on green honeycomb paper, but the store was out of green the day that I shopped so I ad libbed.

I stamped a greeting and used Spellbinders Nestabilities to cut the scalloped oval. The edges were tinged with an orange stamp pad.

The edging of the green paper was cut with a Martha Stewart punch, the bunny is mounted a foam squares for a little dimension and the paper flowers are adhered with glue dots and have a dot of orange Stickles in their centers.


Now that I have one done, the next three or four that I make will go more quickly. Or at least that is the theory.

Photobucket

No comments: