Friday, May 13, 2011

Winning is a pleasant surprise

I entered my socks in a contest at my local yarn store and won in the category "best use of cables".
Photobucket
The sock pattern is Rosebud from Wendy Johnson's Toe-Up Socks for Everybody.  I used Ty-Dy Dots yarn by Knit One Crochet Too, color 762 Lavender.

My prize is a skein of Sockotta Limited sock yarn. Sockotta is made by Plymouth Yarn. The color number is 9842 and is perfect for me.
Whether you are a knitter, a baker, a poet, or excel in turning cartwheels, don't hesitate to enter a contest because you think your talent isn't good enough. You are probably your own worst critic. And besides, if everyone feels this way, you are sure to win the prize as the only entrant!

The prize isn't the trophy, gift card or ball of yarn anyway. The prize is in finishing your work, in my case this pair of socks.

Happy knitting, baking, poetry writing or whatever it is you do. You definitely won't have competition from me in cartwheels, but I'll gladly cheer you on.

No comments: