Thursday, July 21, 2011

Maxine nails it again

Maxine says it best.  Whew!
Even with the air on, I think everyone is reacting to the heat.  We had cold and then wet weather for so long in Michigan this spring, we really wanted to be able to enjoy being outside this summer, having windows and doors open. Instead we've had the air on all week and are feeling penned in again. I shouldn't complain though. I remember what it was like before we had central air. I could cope (not without complaining of course) during the day, but not sleeping well at night takes a lot out of a person. If I was exhausted at 30-something, can you imagine how uncomfortable I would be at 30+ something? Photobucket

I hope everyone maintains power to their homes, remains cool enough to function, and retains their sense of humor.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how I completely understand!!!! Stay cool!!

Blondie's Journal said...

Too funny! I'd laugh harder if I had the energy!!

XO,
Jane

Sewconsult said...

Don't ya' just love Maxine. My only problem with her is that she looks almost exactly like my-deceased-mother-in-law. MIL was as crabby as Maxine is. Would love to have told the lady to take a pill!
Beckie

SkippyMom said...

It was so hot on vacation [104/with a 115 degree heat index] I actually DID let Wallene fry an egg of the blacktop of our driveway. It worked too.

Still, we had it good - plenty of A/C, cold beverages [drank my weight in lemonade, I swear!] and several pools to choose from. No complaints.