Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good-bye 2011

It feels like I just started writing 2011 yesterday and tomorrow I must remember to write 2012. I remember thinking writing 2000 was going for feel odd and that was what...just last month? Can we put old batteries in the calendar and slow things down a bit?

Gone are our days of big parties on New Year's Eve but that is not a sad thing, that is a choice. All is good, very good in fact. We'll have a little private party early this evening with our grandson. When you're as goofy in love with a little guy as we are, what could be better?

It has been a very hard year for many good people. This cartoon might seem odd, but it expresses what I hope for 2012. I hope we can change from frightening to fun, from bullies to buddies, and the all encompassing hope, from hatred to love.

Can you imagine if everyone followed the Golden Rule? 

Blessings to all and wishes for peace and happiness. Thank you for being friends and readers. I'll see you in 2000 ... 2011...2012. Yeah, that's it! 2012!!!

x_3beb26d9

4 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Have a wonderful celebration tonight, Knitty!

Happy New Year!

XO,
Jane

Chatty Crone said...

Happy New Year! sandie♥

Chatty Crone said...

Happy New Year! sandie♥

Rudee said...

Since my husband worked, my bestie and I took in the new Mission Impossible movie where we learned from Ethan Hunt that nothing is impossible. It was a subdued evening, but not without celebration.

Happy New Year, Knitty!