Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Having fun with a calendar kit

Some of my hobbies take a long time to complete. Knitting for example. It is very satisfying to me, but once in a while, a project that can be finished in an afternoon or evening is tremendous fun.

I bought a blank calendar and embellishment kit at Archivers last month. I probably have enough paper and embellishments at home to make calendars for everyone in my address book, but we aren't talking about that right now.

Occasionally it is nice to NOT have to make decisions about what paper to use, which embellishments will work or worst of all, tracking down the elusive daisy/brad/ribbon or paper punch to work on a project that is supposed to bring almost instant gratification. Buying a kit can be good for your mental health!

Having said that, a few things in two of the following pictures weren't from the kit, but there was absolutely wrong with what was provided. I only have three months done because I need to print more photos and am thinking that I may wait a few months since my grandson will be in many (alright, I admit it, MOST of the photos) and at his age, he changes a great deal every few weeks.



Without further ado, here is January.
Colton is not posed in this photo. If he is in my lap, especially if we're watching TV (in this case, Kipper the Dog on Sprout TV), he has his hands behind his head while stretched out on top of me.



 


February's photo is hubby and yours truly dancing at our son's wedding.








 
And March holds one of my favorite photos of Colton and Grandpa.











I'm hoping the formatting of this post isn't all wonky. It is being composed for later publishing and I've discovered that the preview mode isn't a sure thing . With luck I'll be back to my "real" computer soon.



4 comments:

Sewconsult said...

The calendar looks great. You will have to show us the other pages, eventually. The post did just fine.
Beckie

SkippyMom said...

Yep - the post is just fine [from here]

The calendar is so cute. I can see why you want to wait and get more pics of Colton because they certainly do grow fast. But wouldn't it be fun to have, say, a pic' of him from last Halloween for October - and then when he visits you for real you can compare. :D

Chatty Crone said...

The calendar is wonderful - what a great idea. sandie

Rudee said...

What a great project! You know, I always think I can finish a knitting project faster than I actually can.