Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dancing with my little star

Hubby got hooked on Dancing With The Stars a few seasons ago. I listened and occasionally watched, but was never fully engaged in the series until this year. In past years, hubby has complained that it has been too much of a popularity contest with some dancers staying on long after they felt he should have been sent home. Welcome to reality TV dear.
This week was the last week before the final competition and mirror ball awards. Host Tom Bergeron summed up the feelings of many last night when he said (paraphrasing) that no matter who was going to be sent home, it was going to suck. All four dancers were good and all were likable, in my opinion. I didn't predict last night's outcome and certainly can't guess at next week's.

Thank goodness my own little dancer is hands down, the only contender and forever winner in Grandpa and Grandma's hearts. I must apologize for the orientation of this video clip changing which will cause you to turn your head sideways. The first time he did this dance, it was all about arm movement and an attempt to sing along. When I called Grandpa into the room with the camera, Colton got more involved.


Music is courtesy of Elmo's ABC's on my iPad, not whatever Sprout is showing on TV in the background. On the iPad app, Elmo's friend Grover is dressed like John Travolta's character in Saturday Night Fever, dancing under a disco ball to a version of the ABC song (A,B,C, D, E, F, Let's go!) At one point, Grover's feet are shown close up. Apparently Colton realized his feet need to get busy too.

Colton's daddy thinks he will become a linebacker for the Detroit Lions. I don't know what Twinkle Toes will do to become famous enough to be courted by the DWTS production team, but when you see him in 20 years accepting the mirror ball trophy, think back fondly on this day.

3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I watch DWTHS off and on. I get bored wuth the interviews after the dances.

Your little guy is a cutie!

XO<
Jane

Sewconsult said...

Could just reach into the monitor and give him a hug. So cute and funny. Looks like he is going to be a tall kid.
And yes, we are so alike! Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Beckie

Rudee said...

This is the season in several years that I have NOT watched DWTS. None of the dancers were engaging enough for me by the third week, so I just lost interest.

I love your little dancer and promise to watch if he makes it on the show.