Friday, July 20, 2012

Graduation card, made, not found

I still haven't found the graduation cards that I moaned about in my last post. I fully expect they'll show up the day after the party.

I think I wasn't supposed to find the cards so that I would use my new Sizzix die. For those of you who do paper crafts, do you use a die cutting machine, and do you love it/them? I have a Sizzix Big Kick that I use 98% of the time and an original model Cricut.


I recently bought a Mover & Shapers Die, #657586 labeled Card, Circle Flip-Its.
 
The card I made is for a teenage boy that I don't know all that well as far as his tastes, sense of humor, etc. When it doubt, KISS (Keep It Simple Silly {nicer than stupid}) always works.
 
Here is the card I create, first flat, than standing:


I added a piece of cardstock to the back to create a pocket to hold the check we're giving him as a gift.

I think I found a spare envelope that will fit this card while I was looking for the missing purchased cards. Now if I can just find it again.....

If not, I will make one from the paper that has the graduation caps printed randomly on it. That might not happen until just before we leave for the party if procrastination sets in.

Why don't I make cards in advance and have them ready when the occasion arises? Probably because I'm busy ready blogs and Pinterest! It's all your fault...yours, and yours and yours too!
 

3 comments:

Sewconsult said...

That's cool! I am sure that he will appreciate it. i use to make our cards, when our daughters were at home. We would have a craft-day-Saturday or on a snow day. I think there is still a plastic box full of stamps and umpteen scissors that cut differently!
Beckie

Chatty Crone said...

I didn't know that you made cards - I loved those - I love homemade cards - that really shows you care! sandie

michelle said...

I like that one far better than any can be bought in a store.