Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Knitted projects: A non-renovation post, mostly

Today is the coldest weather we've had in four months. Why? Because we were without a furnace and water heater last night. Do we actually need the furnace this morning? Probably not by most people's standards, but I am not most people and I shouldn't need to wear a sweatshirt when it is still summer.
Hmmm, looks like I need to shave, doesn't it?
The installers are working the furnace and water heater. I will feel better having both working soon, especially having hot water again. I haven't heated this much water since camping days!

Thankfully knitting doesn't require hot water, and knitting does provide warmth. Maybe I'll work up a sweat looking for a project to work on at the store tonight. I have two WIPs (works in progress) but I need something that uses yarn from the store. I finished the baby sweater and a stuffed animal of undetermined species and gave it to the mommy-to-be yesterday.

The sweater pattern is Baby Kimono by the Plymouth Yarn Company, made with Berroco Comfort yarn. The only change from the original pattern is i-cord ties rather than crocheted ones.

The animal is supposed to be a bunny. Hmmmm...not sure about that....his snout looks more like a puppy to me and his ears seem shorter than the pattern's photo. I'm sure the baby won't mind though. The pattern is Rabbit and Bear (plus 5 items of clothing) by April Cromwell. Licensing is through Creative Commons. Search for that name plus "rabbit and bear" and you should find the pattern. I'm not linking here because I'm not sure what is proper. It worked up easily and the clothing patterns included a jacket with a hood, jacket and  hat, overalls and a jumper (dress) that fits either animal.

2 comments:

Sewconsult said...

Stay warm. Hope the replacements won't cost an arm and a leg...'cause you need both arms (hands) to knit!
Beckie

Chatty Crone said...

Hope everything is fixed by now.