Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Cabled cushion

Cute cabled cushion? Perfectly purled pillow? Addicted to alliteration?

Don't mind me. I've had too much sugar, not enough sleep and am trying to make sense out of the senseless bombings at the Boston Marathon. I'm not going to write about that, other than to encourage people to remember there is always more good in the world than bad. Mr Roger's quote is a good thing to keep in mind as we ease our way through this.

 
As I wish everyone peace and comfort today, I will be gracious and offer you a pillow for your weary heads.
But not this pillow.
It is fresh off my knitting needles and I don't want your cooties on it.

The pattern is simply called Cushion and is available here at no charge. I used Louisa Harding's Aimee yarn, a 90% cotton, 10% cashmere blend.

The pattern called for a 16" pillow but I used a 14" because I had it on hand. I think it could have easily been blocked to fit a larger pillow but I am happy with it as is.




2 comments:

SkippyMom said...

I saw that his quote was circulating and was so comforted. It's always the stalwart, standard bearers that get us through. Gotta' love Mr. Rogers. I miss him. I am just glad he isn't here to see the tragedies upon tragedies.

Thanks for the post and the pillow. Hugs to you my friend.

Rudee said...

That's beautiful knitting there.