Monday, June 24, 2013

3D Paper Cupcake Frame

If it wasn't for the last minute, many crafters would never get things done, right?

Yesterday I wrote about the teal ombre cake for my great niece. I could have made this frame weeks ago when I first bought the kit from my local scrapbooking store but that would have made too much sense....instead I rushed to put it together while having cake baking angst.

This is the kit that I bought
It is called a Cupcake Bubble Frame Kit from Globecraft Memories. Unfortunately I cannot find an online link to this kit but if you search for it online, there is at least one blog entry showing the frosting decorated that would have been a really cute idea if I had started this earlier.

With the birthday girl's favorite color being teal I decided to play with a photo of her in Picasa and altered the image to 'Neon' using teal as the color.
Here is the image cropped to fit inside the cupcake bubble. On the card next to it, I drew a replica of the cupcake and colored it with Copic markers. I cut it out and added it to fun paper on a card that informs here that her gift from me is a shopping spree at a scrapbooking store.

No comments: